Tuesday, October 13, 2009

if i could be granted one superhero power, i would ask for the power of restraint... as in the power to restrain myself from spending obcene amounts of money on things i really don't need.

Prime example of why i need this power:
over the last month or so I have developed a serious obsession for the book "Generation Kill" and the mini-series with the same name that was based on the book. This sprung from my love for all things Alexander Skarsgard, which sprung from my mild fascination with the show True Blood.
I was able to download all of the episodes online and my roommate and i proceeded to watch them frequently, always on the look out for any news or extras about our favorite characters and actors.
At first, having the episodes on my computer was enough for me. They were pretty good quality and I felt they could hold me over until I was able to get the DVDs for Christmas or some other holiday that involved presents. I use the past tense because yesterday that all went out the window.
For some reason, most stores don't carry Generation Kill on DVD. While I kind of like this, because it means that my liking the show is somewhat original, it has also aided in me resisting going out and buying the DVDs. But a trip to Best Buy killed all of that. Upon entering the store i was able to find the DVDs and once I had it in my hand i simply couldn't put it down.
And this is how I ended up spending $58.00 on a DVD set I knew I could get for Christmas or would be cheaper if i just ordered it from Amazon.

So please... If someone could teach me restraint I would really appreiciate it... my bank account really can't handle this anymore...

1 comment:

  1. My roommate had to physically remove me from the line at the Gap the other day as I tried to purchase a $20 hat that was nearly identical in shape, style and color to one I already owned. I threw a hissy fit. I hate myself. lol.

    ReplyDelete